The eye is the lamp of the body, if your eyes are healthy, your whole body will be full of light.
Picture these as 3D glasses, rose colored spectacles, or just plain perspective towards life, we all have them on. Everyone wears different glasses. Just like a good prescription can make one see things in clear focus, so do bad prescriptions which make your vision blurry. Check out these lenses, do you find yourself any of these?
1. Critics. These find fault in everything that has been done. No matter what you do, there will always be a mistake to point out.
2. Pessimist. These look for what could go wrong. No matter what is going on, they will always doubt and try to find ways to predict the danger, destruction and disappointment that could come of it.
Numbers 13: 31
But the men who had gone up with him said, “We can’t attack those people; they are stronger than we are.” And they spread among the Israelites a bad report about the land they had explored. They said, “The land we explored devours those living in it. All the people we saw there are of great size.“
Some spies who had been sent to Canaan lacked faith in God and they spread their fear to the others too.
3. Selfish. For this type of people, everything centers on them. It is always about how something may affect them, what’s in it for them. In everything that happens, all they worry about is No. 1: “I”
4. Defensive. Closely related to the selfish perspective, is the one who believes that everyone is out to get them. Everything always turns into a conspiracy against them.
5. Optimists. These find the good in everything. For optimists, no matter the cloud, they always can and do find the silver lining, no matter how minute. Optimists have strong faith, and believe that they can do anything and nothing can stop them.
Then Caleb silenced the people before Moses and said, “We should go up and take possession of the land, for we can certainly do it.”
6. Roll- with-it. These people are easy going, nothing fazes them. No matter how bad it gets, such people don’t fret, because they believe that they can get through it.
So, observe the lens you put on in every situation, it colors how you look at the world.